We are seeking people who can volunteer as moderators of a certain category. people who deal with things on a daily basis eg. If you become the moderator of the rugby category, you know rugby in your area and the basics on TV. If you interested please send an email to Admin@theplain.co.za for further information. Thank you
What is this webpage about?
- The website is about Mitchell’s Plain. Mitchell’s Plain is a largely coloured township about 20 km from the city of Cape Town. It is one of South Africa’s largest townships and is Cape Town’s biggest. It is located on the Cape Flats on the False Bay coast between Strandfontein and Khayelitsha. Conceived of as a “model township” by the apartheid government, it was built during the 1970s to provide housing for coloured victims of forced removal due to the implementation of the Group Areas Act. Though Mitchell’s Plain is no longer officially a “coloured african township,” the majority remain overwhelmingly Coloured African. The aim is to Unite and make everything simpler for the people by the people.
How do I post a topic?
- You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a new topic. The topic will then be created and you can post anything you want / need to or if you become one of the categories moderators you will have the ability to create new topics.
What age must I be to be on this website?
- We advise the age should be from 13 up
Can I post my own topic?
- Yes you can. If you leave a comment on the main page we will create the top you require or you can email us at email@example.com .
How do I add something / leave a comment?
- At the bottom of each topic or post you will find a “leave comment” box. You may click on it and type your comment. Just click post comment when done.
Do I have to pay for anything?
- No, this website is free for the people. The only paid item is the business advertising. If you have a poster of your business or ad you can send it to us and we will ad it for you.
How do I advertise on this website?
We advise that you first try the first two steps before the paid advertising.
- Free advertising – Just a picture poster under the heading Business ads ( This you may forward to us)
- Free contact listing – You can ad your own contact details and a brief explanation what your business is all about under the Business Tel / Fax heading
- Paid advertising – You may read more about this under the paid ads on the website.
Do I have to login to post or leave a comment?
- No, you can leave a comment as Guest. We do suggest you subscribe to the page, this way you can stay updated with any changes. No spam at all.
How does this website benefit me from others almost the same?
- One of the advantages is that it is totally free. We will keep updating information and as well make it the biggest representing Mitchell’s Plain online. At this point this website represents 3000 members online and increasing daily. We will make this a doorway for Mitchell’s Plain and its surrounding areas.
Can I view the website on my mobile?
- Yes you can. This website is fully mobile compatible.
Can I post from my mobile?
- Yes you can. You can as well post on the go, for further instructions on how to get the post on the go app. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I join this site from other social networks?
- Yes you can. The site is on Twitter, Google 1up, Linked and Facebook.
Who owns this website?
- This website is owned by the community of Mitchell’s Plain. The creator of the Facebook book page, All those who grew up in Mitchell’s Plain and surrounding areas have taken upon himself to create and design the page.
Who moderate the website?
- We currently have a Volunteer Admin Team and as well are looking for Volunteer Category Moderators. To apply please send a email to Admin@theplain.co.za acknowledging your interest.
Is any topic allowed?
- Yes, as long as it is discreet and respect is shown to all. This does not mean you cannot have your opinion. Post will not be deleted because there are differences in opinions.
Why is there no flash ads and animated text on this site.
- We are trying to limit the amount of bandwidth used by users. Thus we have standard text and pictures to allow quicker loading and easier browsing. Our first website was flash based and with feedback received we decided to go the simple route to accommodate each and everyone.
- Our Business paid ads will be flash based and top range. We have acquired a license for one of the best tools on the net that will deliver, tv ad like advertising, videos, flash banners and even animated posters.
- In addition, you should be aware that if you elect to publish, distribute, disseminate or otherwise make available (hereinafter “Publish”) an Image or text message to another user or users, such user or another user may be able to capture, reproduce and/or download the Images and/or Text and redistribute it (or them) in undesired and/or unexpected forms, manners and/or venues and to persons or entities to whom or which you do not wish the Images or Text to be distributed. Accordingly, you should not Publish any Images or Text, unless you are prepared to have the Images or Text disseminated to a wide audience and to persons and/or entities whom or which you might not want to see the Images or Text.
- All post and images published on Mitchell’s Plain (www.mitchellsplainonline.com /.co.za /www.theplain.co.za) have been independently written by members of the Mitchell’s Plain community. The views of users published on Mitchellsplainonline are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Mitchellsplainonline. Moderators of this website also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.