LASAGNE TOPPED WITH CHEESE AND TOMATO
150g green lasagne sheets
1 medium onion
5ml crushed garlic
1x410g tomato and onion mix
5ml barbecue spice
5ml peri peri
2tbsp tomato paste
salt and pepper to taste
2cups grated cheese
1cup grated cheese
finely chopped parsley
- Cook lasagne sheets, one by one, in boiling water for 10min until tender. Drain well and spread onto oiled greaseproof paper. Lasagne sheets must be cooked two at a time otherwise the sheets will stick to one another.
- For the meat sauce
- Braise onions and garlic in a large saucepan. Add mince, tomato and onion mix, tomato paste, spices and season well. Cover with lid and cook gently.
- For the cheese sauce
Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Gradually add milk. Bring to boil, stirring until sauce is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in cheese till well blended.
- To assemble
- Grease an ovenproof dish well. Place layer of lasagne sheets on the base of dish. Spread meat sauce over sheets. Then spread some cheese sauce over meat. Continue layering ending off with a layer of cheese sauce.
- Decorate with tomato slices, sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Bake for 30-40min at 180ºC or until cheese is golden and the dish is heated through.
- Leave to settle and then cut into portions.