Western Cape Sport School
The school opened its doors for the first time in 2007 and is the initiative of both the Western Cape Education Department (WCED) and the Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport (DCAS).
The school is intended to cater for the needs of talented athletes and offer a broad range of support services that would
optimally enhance the performance of South African athletes as well as ensuring a balanced curriculum programme.
VISION AND MISSION OF SCHOOL
- “Excellence in Sport”
- To promote sport through education and research
- To contribute to youth development through an awareness of fair play, self improvement and sporting achievement
- To promote quality sport competition and participation
- To expose talented learners to quality coaching, teaching and learning
- To foster an inclusive approach to school sport
For more information click here